Thanksgiving 2019! Bring it On!
Here we are again!
So, Light FM has gone all in on their holiday theme and has been playing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" darn near nonstop for a month. And while Xmas music in October tends to make my ears fold in on themselves, I'd have to agree with the song. Not because of having anything to do with ornaments and garland (I refuse to acknowledge that particular holiday until the day before) but because Thanksgiving is finally here! Once again I have been stretching my stomach in anticipation of bulldozing all kinds of calorific goodness down my gullet. Tradition dictates that in addition to hosing oneself down with gravy, and back-stroking through sweet potato souffle, one must also state the things they are grateful for this time of year. So here's my 5 "thankfuls" for the the season:
1) I'm thankful I don't live in the Midwest and put cheese on my apple pie. I mean, really? What the heck is that about? Sooo grateful I didn't learn about that particular predilection as a child, might have ruined me for all future pie.
2) I'm thankful for the invention of Lycra. If not for spandex, I'd be sitting at the dinner table in a extra-large burlap sack cause nothing is getting in the way of me and my artery-clogging feast.
3) I'm thankful for the discount at Petee's Pie Company for being a frequent flier. And I do mean frequent. I've pretty sure I've logged enough pie points on their Pumpkin Pie slices this season alone to keep me pied up until 2030.
4) I'm thankful that I have the day before thanksgiving off from work. Actual Thanksgiving consists of sleeping, eating, sleeping again, eating again, and then sleeping again. Such simple joy. Spending the day before laying on the sofa really preps the body for the combination of sloth and gluttony that makes this holiday so magical.
5) I'm thankful that sugar, butter, and eggs are plentiful in the Land of NYC. While my pancreas definitely disagrees with this sentiment, it's gonna spend this holiday riding the pine. The taste buds are in the starting lineup tomorrow with the salivary glands getting assists and grabbing rebounds. Apologies for the basketball metaphors.
And of course, in addition to those 5 I'm thankful for friends and family who will be assisting me in packing on the visceral fat this weekend. Without partners in crime to help, a girl might only be able pack in a paltry 1,000 calories on this day. Good looking out fam!
So if you feel like I feel, then once again, grab your utensils, grab your stretch pants, and get your gluttony on!